Renewed apron

It took me a long time to find an apron which I'm willing to buy. But it is still far from perfect: it's got a PVC lining which makes cooking really hot, especially in this tropical country. And it's also difficult to wash. So I decided to cut off the PVC layer (which I then used to pack something to send in the post). Then I thought it looks really to dark and dull in the kitchen, that it needs some livening up.
I took some leftover embroidered border I've got for years, sewed them on to the top of the apron and the pocket (B). I then cut several embroidered flowers (B) off the remaining border and sewed them on the apron, each with a purple bead (from my existing craft box) over it.

Ta da. A "new" apron I'm in no hurry to replace.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Upcycled Padded iPad Case from an Old Cancer Research Canvas Bag

Upcycled Pendant from Old Nine West Shoe Jewellery

DIY Candles from used wax remains