Stuffed Toy Snake from Ikea Fleece Blanket
The year of the snake. What else would you do for a company new year dinner? The snake theme obviously! The cheapskate that I am, there's no way I will go out and buy anything new just for the glory of one evening. I found this old baby blue Ikea fleece blanket that I couldn't part with and an old, rather flattened pillow which I have no idea what to do with; and I decided to make a stuffed snake with it.
The process was really simple:
- mark two identical shapes of a snake on it with a 2B pencil, cut around them with 1-cm space allowance.
- Stack the 2 shapes together, place a red ribbon of 4" length on where the mouth is (as the tongue) and stitch along the marked line, leaving about 4" of opening.
- Fill it up with the old pillow stuffing, bit by bit. Then stitch up the opening.
- As for the patterns on the snake, they were some lace trimming from my craft box.
- The eyes were buttons from my sister's dress (buttons that she hated and removed so I saved them).
- The red ribbon was saved from some old present we received.
That was my mink boa for the evening, and good for sofa decoration for the year.