Translate

Sunday, August 2, 2009

Handmade hanging flower pot holder


Some leftover from a ball of parcel string bought in 2003 is finally put to good use when I made these 2 flower pot holders. Our tiny balcony is running out of space for all our plants, and these crawly babies were twirled around some old disposable chopsticks stuck in the pot. They didn't look very healthy then.


Since there are some pre-existing nails on the ceiling (probably fixed by the previous tenant to put up blinds), we thought that a hanging garden would be good for their new home. True enough, they now look really happy with their vines hanging down freely from the pots.

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis

Share |

Recreate to Reduce Consumption

Let me guess: you like crafts, and you want to do your part in preserving the environment you live in. You'd probably have a room full of clutter like me and like creating things out of junk too.

You may also already know that real sustainability means reducing new purchases and reusing existing material before we even take anything to the recycling centre. And I'm also guessing that just like me, you may have visited EcoStreet Directory at least once before.

I only hope that some of my humble little home craft and domestic ideas would help some of you clear some clutter, save some money, or at least have some fun with your little ones. Better still, some of you may even share your valuable ideas with me!